It is late, very late but finally decided to sit down and compile my Top 10 Shots of 2009. Not surprisingly, pretty much dominated by shots with animals in them. Got to start diversifying a bit more :)
1. The above was shot in Zoo Negara and well, what more can I say? Tiger swimming and patience again paid off.
2. The classic composition of the gentle giant. Everyone seems to have this shot, so I must have one as well.
3. Most of my wildlife shots have been rather err static. So when I got one that has a bit more action, a bit more dynamic, let’s just say that I was very proud of myself :P Now my next target is to get one of the young ones to jump into the water and capture that.
4. Not one of my sharpest ever macro shots but I was always fascinated in capturing water droplets. This one, nestled in between leaves, made it my favourite although not technically perfect.
5. This was one of the very first time I used the 300mm f4 for a proper outing. Fell in love with the lens and this is the factor that made me stick with Nikon through thick and thin. Absolutely solid lens, and bought for me by Sharon! I know, I am so lucky :)
6. Brought Sharon to Cebu to check out our wedding venue, and visited the island of Olango. Beautiful place, clear water, blue sky, what more can I ask for?
7. My very cute niece, and one of the best shots I have of her. Of course, I have a few more extra this year. She turns 1 this month and I am sure I will get more shots of her soon enough.
8. Same outing as the owl shot, but this was through a cage, and of the eagle. For RM2000, this is easily one of the sharpest lens I’ve own. Shooting it wide open at f4 is not a problem at all.
9. Penang is pretty much a location that has been done to death. I was looking for something different and almost went blind trying to get this shot at Khoo Kongsi. I thought it was pretty different, no?
10. Birds in flight? I think we all wish we could capture it in a photo. And capturing this eagle in mid flight was a personal achievement. These birds fly fast! Will give it another go in future visits to Jurong Birdpark :)
And that’s it, my Top 10 of 2009. Not too shabby eh?