Some of you may know that I have a wedding/ portrait photography service called “Through Our Eyes” and I was giving away some couple portrait sessions to sorta like practice and increase the portfolio. I must admit that I am not a natural in portrait sessions and that is why I am trying to learn.
Bobby and Rennie is the first couple to take up my offer and they were super sporting! Great to work with them. Hopefully, they will get 3-4 shots that are satisfactory after the shoot.
So I am looking back at the photos, got feedback from friends and I realise that there a couple of things that I should have done better:
1. Big flare on top is distracting – truth be told, I thought it was quite nice at first :P
2. Placed Bobby and Rennie smacked in the centre
3. HP advertising board and motorcycle was distracting as well
4. Looking at me seems less natural than looking at each other
5. Her arms were a bit weird, should have told her to hold his hips or even his shoulders
I conceptualised this shot in my head before I started the shoot. I liked the lines, the boxy design and I wanted to take advantage of that. But of course, it could have been done better:
1. Too much clutter in the background
2. Subject is drowned out by the environment
3. Security guard on the right!
And therein concludes my self critique session! If you have any to add, feel free to do so. Don’t worry, I won’t crawl into a hole and cry. Have a good weekend everyone!